Lubbock Criminal Defense Attorneys Practicing Texas Criminal Law......
Facing A Texas DWI / DUI?
If youíve been arrested for Texas DUI, being arrested and finger printed is only the beginning. More on Texas DUI...
If youíre like most people, youíre not sure what to do first with respect to your DWI arrest.
Learn more about a DWI arrest...
Things YOU need to know about your DWI arrest that NO ONE is telling YOU. More on DWI...
In many instances, police officers have made mistakes during your DWI arrest or during the blood, breath or urine tests. Help for
If you or a loved one have been arrested for any Texas criminal offense and need immediate jail release help and information, call our law office at
|The Law Office of Stephen L. Hamilton
802 Main Street
Lubbock, TX 79401
(806) 794-0394 - Office
(888) 595-5578 - Fax
Lubbock Texas DWI / DUI Defense Lawyer
Lubbock Texas DWI / DUI Defense Lawyer handling cases involving DWI and DUI
Driving While Intoxicated - DWI in The State Of Texas
Driving Under The Influence - DUI in The State Of Texas
Lubbock Texas / West Texas Areas - DWI / DUI Defense Lawyer
POLICE MISTAKES THAT MAY HELP YOUR DEFENSE
When you are arrested on suspicion of DWI or DUI in the State Of Texas, it is
imperative that you contact experienced Texas DWI / DUI defense lawyer
immediately to review and defend your case. In many instances, police officers
have made mistakes during the arrest or during the blood, breath or urine tests
that may actually work in your benefit. Some of these mistakes can include:
1. A police officer has stopped you based on an anonymous phone tip where he/she
has no name and address of the caller.
2. A police officer followed you into your residence without an invitation to do
so, or without information to justify such entry. Remember your home is
protected from unjust intrusion under the Fourth Amendment.
3. A police officer based his/her arrest on your statements alone. An officer
must have independent evidence to corroborate any statements made. These
instances usually arise when you were not seen in actual physical control of
4. A police officer detains you longer than is reasonable to investigate. The
police may not hold you for unlimited periods of time.
5. A police officer stops you simply because he thinks you are suspicious. A
vehicle stop must be made with a clear reasonable suspicion; the officer's guess
that you are doing something wrong is not enough.
6. A police officer stops you simply because you were driving too slow or
stopped in the middle of the street. Unless you are violating a specific traffic
ordinance (i.e. impeding traffic), an officer can not stop you.
7. A police officer stops you because you are weaving within a lane. Under
Texas law, you are only required to drive as much as is practicable within a
single lane. Cases exist that have held that one weave into the shoulder is not
reason enough for a stop.
8. A police officer can not stop a vehicle based on a misperceived violation of
a law; an officer must be certain about his interpretation of law.
9. A police officer may not stop you due to improper signs. Lane markings and
street signs must comply with Texas law.
10. A police officer must follow all rules of the Department of Public Safety,
Breath Testing Manual. Any failure to do so may invalidate alcohol testing.
11. A police officer must follow all guidelines to validate stopping you at a
12. A police officer may not stop you simply to check your driver's license and
registration; there must be an actual traffic violation or articulable suspicion
of a crime.
13. A police officer may only stop a vehicle when he/she can clearly identify
the vehicle as the one that actually committed a traffic infraction.
14. A police officer can never stop a vehicle for no reason--most officers who
do so do not show up for the court date.
15. A police officer may not block a vehicle's exit without justification. A
driver's freedom may not be restricted without reason.
Remember that all hope is not lost once you have been arrested--a police
officer's mistake can be your best defense.
You donít need to face it all alone. Please call and schedule an appointment at your earliest convenience, as a skilled Lubbock DWI criminal defense attorney located in Lubbock, Texas,
we offer a free initial consultation so we may discuss the criminal charges against you and what options are available to you. To assist you financially in paying any attorney fees,
we offer flat rate fees and flexible payment plans that will allow you to hire us as your DWI criminal defense lawyers so that we can start immediately to protect your rights. Call us today at
(806) 794-0394 for a free consultation and see how we can help with your case.
Criminal Defense Trial Attorneys - Lubbock Texas
DWI / DUI West Texas Defense Lawyers
||Payment Plans Available
||Major Credit Cards Accepted
Stephen Hamilton is a Criminal Defense Trial Attorney in the State of Texas covering Amarillo, Canyon, Andrews, Abernathy, Acuff, Amherst, Anton, Arnett, Bledsoe, Brownfield, Cotton Center, Crosbyton, Dickens, Floydada, Hale Center, Idalou, Lamesa, Levelland, Littlefield, Lockney,
Loop, Lorenzo, Lubbock, Meadow, Morton, Muleshoe, New Deal, New Home, O'Donnell, Olton, Petersburg, Plains, Plainview, Post, Ralls, Ransom Canyon, Shallowater,
Slaton, Smyer, Tahoka, Wolfforth, Seminole, Tulia, Midland, Odessa.